Sunday 29 June 2008

Day 4 on The Big Burma Trek . . .



Hi,
This is Eleanor updating Ewen's Blog with some photos taken by Ewen's Godfather and friend Willie Thomas. I walked with Ewen from Gullane to Binning Wood on Friday where we were camped and were joined for a couple of hours by Alan. We were munched alive by mosquitos but otherwise in good spirits. I then walked with Ewen as far as Dunbar yesterday where we were met by Willie and Christine Thomas who bought us a great lunch. The Thomas' have been really fantastic and so supportive - thank you so much for your care! We then waved goodbye to Ewen as he left Dunbar at about 3pm - on his own again.
E x




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spotted Ewen sheltering from a heavy downpour in a red BT phonebox in a layby on the A1107 just north of Coldingham at 4.00pm on Sunday 29th June. I wasn't looking for him, I was just travelling back to Edinburgh from St. Abbs Head, and I noticed a bare-foot walker just approaching the phone box. It had to be Ewen - I teach in the room next door to him so I knew about his walk. When the rain stopped he departed and I said "I'll see you back at school" to which he replied "I hope so ..." Good luck Ewen.